1. Don't underestimate how much you can fit on a moped.
… Or a push bike.
… Or any vehicle for that matter.
2. Wear a piece of elastic under your chin to stop your hat from blowing away.
3. Be enterprising: you can set up a business anywhere.
4. Fix things.
5. If you can't find anything to wear, wear your pajamas.
6. Don't underestimate how much you can carry.
7. And don't underestimate your kids, they can do more than you think.
8. They don't need stabilisers, in fact, they can ride an adult's bike from a very young age.
They can also drive mopeds.
9. Kids don't need loads of plastic toys. A stick, a stone, a puddle, an old tyre: it's enough.
10. Prams, pushchairs, dangily fluffy things that make noises – they're not necessary.
11. Rest more. If you haven't got any customers; why aren't you asleep?
12. Play out with your mates. Everybody.
13. Dance in the park. Why not?
14. Be inventive and resourceful.
15. See the worth in old things.
16. Know where your food comes from.
17. Eat fresh vegetables daily. Grow them yourself if you can.
18. Don't take health and safety too seriously.
19. Engage in random acts of kindness.
20. Encourage your children to say hello to strangers.
21. Men/boys, hug each other more often.
22. Electricity is overrated: eat by candlelight.
23. Don't underestimate your little toe. Are you using it? Hang it over your flip flop for balance.
24. Surround yourself with nature …
25. … and live more simply.
26. Keep family close.
27. And appreciate the view: that's your life going by.
28. Be cheeky: stick your tongue out at tourists who want photos for their blog!
29. Never stop searching for enlightenment.
30. And, if ever in any doubt as to what to do: smile.
With love, Laura x